Prior to choosing a major cosmetic surgery procedure such as breast augmentation, the patient should have a reasonable understanding of what the surgery involves, what are its potential risks and benefits, how long will be the recovery and what results may be expected. The patient should also know the surgeon’s professional credentials and feel confident about her choice.
Before the initial consultation, the patient should ideally write down the list of questions she wants to ask, and carry it along to the surgeon’s office. A dedicated surgeon will answer all the questions in accurate details in a patient-friendly language. Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Amir Nasir provides breast augmentation to patients in New Haven, Westport, CT, and surrounding communities.
Good Rapport and Open Communication
Creating a relationship of open communication and trust and developing a good rapport between the patient and the surgeon will lay the foundation for a success breast implant plastic surgery. The surgery involves a personal journey for a patient, and she should follow her instincts and judgment rather than be influenced by others. She should commit to the surgery only after she is completely satisfied during the pre-op consultation.
During the consultation process, many surgeons will prefer to present breast augmentation before and after photos. The patient should carefully review the photos and ask questions in order to develop realistic expectations. The patient may also request for testimonials of previous patients who have undergone the same procedure and are willing to share their experience.
Questions to be Asked
The following questions may be asked by a patient during the pre-op consultation for breast augmentation:
- Are you a board certified plastic surgeon?
- How many years of training have you received specifically in plastic surgery?
- Do you have prior experience in performing breast augmentation surgery, and what is your success rate for this procedure?
- Would you use general anesthesia or sedation to perform my surgery?
- Would you recommend a hospital or a surgery center to perform my procedure?
- How long will it take inside the operating room to perform this surgery?
- What kind of breast implant type, size, and shape would be suitable in my case?
- What are the potential risks and complications associated with breast augmentation?
- What is the estimated lifespan of breast implants?
- Do you have a policy for revision surgeries in the event of an implant failure?
- How long will it take to recover following the surgery?
- Will I require aftercare following the surgery?
- Will I have conspicuous scars once the healing is completed?
- What will be the overall cost of breast augmentation surgery, including implant costs?
- Will I be able to breastfeed in the future?
- Is the loss of sensation in the nipples after surgery going to be permanent?
- How can I contact you in case of any post-surgical emergency situation?
Salient cosmetic surgeon Dr. Nasir receives patients from New Haven, Westport, CT, and nearby areas for breast augmentation surgery.
To learn more about plastic surgery procedures and non-invasive treatments performed by Dr. Nasir at Lotus Cosmetic Surgery Connecticut click here to contact us or call (203) 221-1919.
Dr. Nasir is a Cosmetic Surgeon in Fairfield County serving the towns of Westport and Fairfield locally as well as surrounding communities. We also serve patients from all over Connecticut, regionally, including many from New York City, as as well as international patients.