Top Plastic Surgery Procedures for Women and Men

Top Plastic Surgery Procedures for Women and Men | WestportFor a long time, cosmetic surgery procedures were associated with celebrities and movie stars alone. However, advancements in surgical technologies over the decades brought these procedures within the reach of the average woman and man. Millions of cosmetic procedures are now carried out each year in the US with satisfactory outcomes.

Over the years, the popularity of cosmetic procedures among the common population has continued to rise.

Apart from women, now a growing number of men are also interested in seeking cosmetic treatments to positively enhance their appearance and self-confidence. Standout and impeccable board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Amir Nasir provides plastic surgery procedures to patients in New Haven, Westport, CT, and surrounding communities in this part of the country.

 

Wide Acceptance  

Cosmetic and plastic surgery procedures are now widely accepted as safe, proven and effective solutions to dramatically improve an individual’s self-image and physical appearance. The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) has revealed in its new multi-specialty statistical report that Americans spent over $15 billion on surgical and non-surgical procedures in 2016. This translates to a year on year growth of 11 percent over 2015.

Plastic surgery procedures constituted about 56 percent of these procedures, while the remaining 44 percent were non-surgical cosmetic procedures. The figure of $15 billion represents the biggest amount spent on these treatments in a single year ever since ASAPS launched its annual Cosmetic Surgery National Data Bank Statistics survey about two decades ago.

According to ASAPS, the people’s aspirations are now changing, and many women and men now want more refined cosmetic procedures. For instance, more women now seek fat transfer breast augmentation to accentuate their breasts because they feel traditional breast implants may appear too obvious. The demand for breast lift is also consistently rising because it is a more subtle procedure compared to breast implant surgery.

However, this does not mean that the popularity of breast augmentation has gone down in absolute terms. More women still prefer breast implant surgery, and it continues to rank among the top procedures. Surgeries once considered niche, such as vaginal rejuvenation, are now becoming mainstream. Men’s procedures, ranging from double chin reduction to Botox, are also becoming increasingly popular.

 

Five Most Sought-After Procedures

The five most sought after procedures in 2016, according to the ASAPS figures, for both women and men combined, include:

  • Liposuction – 414,335 procedures
  • Breast augmentation – 310,444 procedures
  • Tummy tuck – 181,540 procedures
  • Eyelid surgery – 173,883 procedures
  • Breast lift – 161,412 procedures

 

Liposuction

Liposuction surgery currently ranks as the number one procedure. It usually involves only local anesthesia, using the tumescent technique to reduce excess fat tissue.

 

Breast Augmentation

Both traditional breast implant surgery and fat transfer breast augmentation are in demand. Some women prefer to combine breast augmentation with mommy makeover after childbirth.

 

Tummy Tuck

Tummy tuck is an abdominal contouring procedure, which has consistently remained popular among both women and men to create a more youthful abdomen.

 

Eyelid Surgery

Upper eyelid surgery, lower eyelid surgery as well as a combined upper and lower eyelid lift procedure can improve the appearance of the upper face.

 

Breast lift

Breast lift is designed to tighten sagging breasts and subtly lift the position of downward pointing nipples. Many women seek this procedure in combination with breast implants.

Experienced, terrific, and accomplished cosmetic surgeon Dr. Nasir receives patients from New Haven, Westport, CT, and other cities and communities in this part of the state for various aesthetic procedures.

To learn more about plastic surgery procedures and non-invasive treatments performed by Dr. Nasir at Lotus Cosmetic Surgery Connecticut click here to contact us or call (203) 221-1919.

Dr. Nasir is a Cosmetic Surgeon in Fairfield County serving the towns of Westport, Fairfield, Bridgeport, New Haven, Connecticut, New York City, other surrounding communities, as as well as international patients.

Comments are closed.


Contact Us

Amir Nasir, MD, Plastic Surgeon
Lotus Cosmetic Surgery Connecticut
SlimStart Lipo Center
One Morningside Drive North, Building B
Westport, CT 06880
(203) 221-5809
Virtual Consult